We are thrilled to be sharing journal pages from some of our favorites artists who were inspired by YOU RULE. The first rule is of course that there are no rules in art!
Artist Andrew Borloz of Urban Paper Arts craves and hunts for color, shape, texture and forms anywhere he goes despite his deafness. He loves to learn, design and teach anything. Andrew is a proud possessor of two degrees: BS in industrial design and MA in computer science. He blogs his daily adventures (with lots of photos!) here.
Andrew's life rules journal page reminds me of a map and I love searching all the towns for each rule. A Life Map! His page reads:
&rew's Rule of Creativity: "whatever everyone does, do the OPPOSITE."
1. stay off the bandwagon - no matter how tempting.
2. go on the unbeaten paths - bumpy + crooked? so what!
3. push the envelope - no matter how difficult.
4. march to the different drummer - no matter how unconventional.
5. search high + low - no matter how stiff your neck is.
6. do things off season - no matter how hot or cold.
7. look at other side - no matter what others see.
8. broaden your horizons - take the #*&^%!? blinders off!
9. go outside of your comfort zones - do not listen to your fears.
Such great rules! We are going to adopt some of these ourselves. We are ready to buy some off-season tickets to New York and visit Andrew. Something tells me he'd be laughing when things go wrong (or the other way) and taking photos of the adventure. We love his attitude. To create his page, Andrew used stencils he designed (squares and curvies, available soon) for Stencil Girl Products.
Thanks for sharing your rules with us, Andrew.
Visit Linda Woods Artworks for prints on canvas, paper, or wood for all size spaces and budgets.