1. Peanut butter. And chocolate. And cream cheese. And bread. And sometimes all together.
2. Our iPhones. I was going to say a camera, email, navigation, and text, but that would take up almost half our list and the iPhone is all that rolled into one. I don't actually talk on my iPhone but it has made life so much easier. And, my daily carry-around bag is so much lighter. Sure, I can't figure out how to use the map thing but I can take pictures of where I am going and where I have been, then text Karen and ask her how to get back.
3. Volumizer (for me) and De-frizzer (for Karen) and a blow dryer. Our days just go better when our hair looks good.
4. Lotion (for me) and chapstick (for Karen). Dry skin and chapped lips, who could live with that? Oh and long-wear lipstick for Karen. She has never in this lifetime been seen without lipstick. Ever.
5. A microwave. Hey, we have to eat. Now don't be saying it is unhealthy and causes cancer. Even Linda McCartney made microwave versions of her vegetarian meals. She was a vegetarian who got cancer. Hmmm. Maybe the veggies are the problem, not the microwaves. The life lesson we got from Karen being cancery certainly was not restrict yourself and avoid making s'mores in the microwave. Oooh, add marshmallows to number 1. Everything in moderation.
6.San Francisco. It's one of the best cities ever and when we can't get to Europe, it's a close second. Beautiful architecture, water, bridges, art, color, culture, good food, freedom, childhood memories.
7. My treadmill and an hour. Right after my microwaved dinner I love my hour alone with my thoughts and some music~ just walking, thinking, planning, plotting, texting and trying to not trip.
8. Heating and air-conditioning and we like to be in control of the thermostat.
9. Gum. Wint-o-green for Karen and Cinnamon for me.
10. Ambien and Caffeine (not together). I don't think either of those needs explanation if you ever used them. Ambien makes good sleep and it makes cross country air travel take only half an hour. Caffeine helps the headache and keeps you awake to wander the city, or you know, get your work done.
Ok, that is really more than ten since we smooshed some together. We are rule breakers. We didn't list loved ones and pets because we wouldn't have had room to list the drugs and gum...and obviously we can't live without each other.
What can't you live without?
Visit Linda Woods Artworks for prints on canvas, paper, or wood for all size spaces and budgets.