In the last couple weeks, many people on facebook have tagged me in the List 25 Random Things thing. I think it's funny that people are doing that since I think I have made it perfectly clear that I hate the word random. Just typing it has put me in a horrible mood. I would not normally participate in this list thing because I think our blog is already pretty much a bunch of random (KILL ME NOW) stuff about us and every individual thing could be a blog post by itself (and because a few months ago I decided I could not respond to everything where I was tagged or I'd never have time to watch all my Tivo'd shows. Everyone on General Hospital is about to die!).
I don't like to ignore signs and the other day I got one. Our older brother, Lee, tagged us for this list. WTF? He never does that, ever. He doesn't do those list things! Just in case it is our brother's last wish that we do a random list of stuff about us that everyone probably knows, we're doing it. But, I am saving the really good random stuff for other blog posts. Yes sir, lots of random stuff to come. Loving the random.
1. We were both born in March. Karen is a pisces and I am an aries. Our brothers were born in January and February. One night when we were all bored at a party, we figured out that we were all conceived on our parents' wedding anniversary (or close to it).
2. Karen's lucky number is 2.
3. Mine is 3.
4. Karen likes goat cheese and I think it tastes like a goat. Gross. I always confuse goat cheese with feta. Are they the same thing?
5. We like to make lists of things.
6. We both hate the smell of While Linen perfume.
7. Karen can sleep anytime, anywhere.
8. I can never get to sleep. I love Ambien!
9. Even though Karen can sleep anytime, she's always awake when I am.
10. Our brothers also seem to also be awake (and emailing) at 1 AM.
11. We are both the most creative between 8 PM and midnight.
12. We are reliable. If we say we're going to do something we do it.
13. We attract people who are reliable at being unreliable.
14. We've been to Malaysia. And Norway. And Kentucky.
15. We've been to Nice, but not the Isle of Greece, and we prefer to sip Diet Coke on a yacht.
16. We quote songs often.
17. We say fuck a whole fucking lot.
18. Karen has never left the house without lipstick on.
19. We make nicknames for everyone we know.
20. When I was a little girl I made a plate in an art class at school. Every night I ate dinner on this plate and would wash it myself because it was delicate. One night, our older brother Lee was holding the plate and I freaked out and told him to be careful because the plate was fragile. He said I was being silly because the plate was made of indestructible plastic just like those combs you could drive over and nothing could break the plate. Then to prove his point, he slammed the plate on the kitchen floor. It shattered into pieces. He ended up proving my point. I remember that and laugh whenever I do dishes.
21. I still don't know how to swim.
22. Our deadbeat dad dropped really dead of a heart attack after eating a pizza.
23. We love pizza.
24. Karen almost always uses a purse with a shoulder strap and I almost always use a handbag.
25. We both drink hot drinks from Starbucks with a straw.
Whew. Sign not ignored.
Visit Linda Woods Artworks for prints on canvas, paper, or wood for all size spaces and budgets.