I have big plans to get stuff done over the next few days. The first
night of My Big Plan started last night but it got held up when I
accidentally spent 6 hours switching between HGTV and The Real Housewives of OC
marathon. Those wives are nuts and all the kids are like so whiny and
like so dumb. There's not one wife I'd want to be friends with but I
couldn't stop watching it.
I had control of the remote last night because my husband is out of town for a few days (unless you are a robber or murderer in which case he is home and we have a really good alarm system). I had a brownie for dinner while I watched tv. It was great. Of course I miss my husband but it's also fun to be the boss of the big tv once in a while (usually there's a game on!). It's also fun to eat cookies for dinner or not have dinner. I've decided that while he's away I want to try to do some stuff I have been meaning to do that I haven't had a chance to because he's home or I haven't been home or when I am home, I am just too busy. I was discussing my list with a few friends recently and my friends who are not married or who don't live with a man totally didn't get why I couldn't do some of these things while my husband is home.
1. Make a new playlist of songs to listen to when I am on the treadmill.
2. Try on all the clothes in my closet and toss what is out of style or doesn't fit
3. Rearrange all the art in the house and update framed photos with more recent photos
4. Dye the curtains dark purple
5. Recover the cushions on our dining room table chairs
6. Watch all the unwatched shows taking up space on our tivo
7. Clean out the pantry
8. Try doing my eye shadow differently then take pics- email them to Karen and see what she thinks
9. Make a spinach kugel and not share it with anyone
10. Sleep until noon
11. Finish the Why is our hair all staticy? experiment
12. Read all the magazines I haven't read yet
13. Find out who Madoff is and what he did so I don't seem like a clueless moron. Though, I have the gist of what he did because I read an article in the LA times this week and I keep hearing the word Ponzi.
14. Clean out my files (paper and on my hard drives)
15. Proof 4 memory cards full of photos
I'll probably get about 4 things on the list done. I am hoping one of those is #10. I suspect that my hunt for the fabric dye will take up way too much time tomorrow morning- precious time that will cut into my eyeshadow experimentation. I've only got two days and it's a long list!
What would you do with two days alone at home?
*If you are using Typepad and if you are annoyed beyond belief (as I am) with their new platform, TELL THEM. Fill out a Help Ticket. Blogging has never been so slow and irritating. I could do an entire post about all the issues I am having but I'd have to copy and paste it real fast before my browser freezes or my backspace button goes berserk.
Visit Linda Woods Artworks for prints on canvas, paper, or wood for all size spaces and budgets.