...Everybody needs a friend, it's true, it takes friends in the end to make a plan come through...
One of the great things about making books is that we meet lots of wonderful people who become our dearest friends. Over the next couple months, we will introduce you to some of these people ~ members of our Art Army. First up is The Best Designer EVER: Marissa Bowers . We call her BDE for short. Marissa designs our books as well as books by other authors and really cool theater posters. Marissa has spent the last long amount of time working on Journal Revolution and she still likes us! And we love her! The sad fact is that art book designers often spend as much time laboring over books as the authors do, yet they get very little credit and their names are only in tiny print on the inside cover. Marissa is not just a designer. She's lots of goodness!
* She is really good at finding delicious limited edition cookies.
* She wears red shoes.
* She stands in for Karen at book signings when Karen has to be in court.
* She is really patient and hasn't yet tried to kill me.
* She has 2 absolutely gorgeous children and a husband who is a firefighter!
* She can find stuff on her tv that I never new existed like On Demand Pilates.
* She is really, really, really funny.
* She loves Tennessee.
* She has perfect hair.
* She always finds good quotes.
Does anyone know what song that friends quote is from? We'll be very surprised (and impressed!) if you do.
Visit Linda Woods Artworks for prints on canvas, paper, or wood for all size spaces and budgets.