Get out your menorahs, it's time for Hanukkah and our Eight Days of Lists. Tonight we start with the cds the got the most play in our iRivers this year.
1. Neil Diamond, 12 Songs: Hell yeah, this cd is so good. Poor Neil, he makes a great album then slumps into a depression when everyone has to return their cds because of that pesky spyware. That's even worse than making a great book that your publisher never promotes. Hey, Neil was on The View last week. There was even a press release about it. Yeah, I am not over it, yet. I'm trying.
2. Brandi Carlile, Brandi Carlile: I almost didn't buy this cd because her name is Brandi and I thought it would be Jessica Simpson-y, but it is so NOT! Yes, I judge books by their covers. Get it! If you like the Sineads (Lohan and O'Connor) and Sarah Mclachlan, you will like this.
3. Pat Benatar, Greatest Hits: Go ahead, hit us with your best shot. We are children of the 80s and Pat rocks. Well, actually, we started liking her less after seeing her in concert a couple years ago when she complained about having to sing Hit Me With Your Best Shot, again. Really, if your mortgage gets paid by people liking your songs, don't complain about it. Also, my husband has been deaf since that particular concert and that is annoying.
4: High School Musical Soundtrack, The Soundtrack: Karen has kids. Poor Karen, she also had to listen to Fergie and The Black Eyed Peas and her humps and deelicious this and that, until Mama turned it off (blech!).
5. U2: The Best of 1980-1990: I used to not like U2 until the other week when I saw an interview with them on HBO. Now I like them but as I listen to the cd, I realize what I did not like about them before. Bono is in love with the sound of his own breathing. But, he's a good guy who helps a lot of people so I won't let it bug me.
6: The Partridge Family: Come On Get Happy: The only problem with this cd is that it is missing Summer Days, the best Partridge Family song, ever.
7. Emmylou Harris, Stumble Into Grace: Love it! If you like this one, you'll like the Brandi Carlile cd, too. Emmylou's version of Love Hurts, which is not on this cd, is really good, too. Download it.
8. Dixie Chicks, Home: This cd was produced by the same guy who produced the awesome Neil Diamond cd at #1 on our list. Do you know who Natalie Maines is married to? Jim Profit!!!
Tomorrow: Our list of fave drinks at Starbucks.
Visit Linda Woods Artworks for prints on canvas, paper, or wood for all size spaces and budgets.