1. Traffic on the way to Borders in Westwood, my husband and I spent a lot of time looking at the car in front of us.
Husband (if you've read the book, he's the apple tree): Look, a car full of my people!
Me: Wedding dress designers??
Husband: No, that is a tee-pee!
Me: Oh. So....yeah. But don't you kind of see how it looks like a sleeveless wedding dress if you are not really paying attention to what else is decorating the car?
2. Borders, in all her glory
3. HOW COOL! A sign about our event in the elevator.
4. The event area before it got crowded
6. The happy seesters. For a bit of excitement, this time Karen wore purple and I wore red.
7. We really are authors! A whole display of our books!
8. A late dinner
9. Cute little henna stained hands
10. Is anyone really surprised about the macaroni and cheese?
We had a great time at our first Borders book signing and we are so touched by all our friends and loved ones who came to see us. Had we known there'd be gifts, we'd have done this way sooner. You're probably wondering why there are no pictures of all our friends and adoring fans but we were threatened with a painful death many times last night if we dared show pictures of anyone looking double or triple chiny, with one eye shut, bad hair, bra straps showing, basketball fans not cheering for UCLA when they were in UCLA territory, or anyone who had to lie to a boss, spouse or parole officer about where they were between 7 and 10.
Oh heck, here's a little look:
Visit Linda Woods Artworks for prints on canvas, paper, or wood for all size spaces and budgets.