It can be really frustrating when you are just starting out on social media and you see people with 7 posts and 25k followers. People, those are fake followers. They were bought for $14 and anyone can buy them. You can also buy likes. Do not buy your followers. Fake followers do not buy things. Experienced instagram users can spot a fake a mile away.
1. Send an email or post on facebook that you now have an art page (or whatever you make) and simply give people the link. If you are posting on facebook, spend a few dollars and use the "boost" post option. It's better to spend on advertising to people who might buy than buying fake people.
2. You have to actually be social. You have to engage with people. Follow people back when they follow you (if they are real). Look at their photos and COMMENT! I don't have a huge amount of followers on social media but have gotten many clients, buyers, and made wonderful connections just by being myself and interacting.
3. Never, ever, ever comment "look at my page" or "follow me back" on anyone's instagram page. NEVER! Someone else's instagram page is not about you. People will look at your page when you comment and are nice.
4. Pay attention to your DM notifications. True business deals often come via DM and not comments on Instagram.
5. Don't post once a month and expect a response. You have to be consistent, patient, and put the effort in.
Copyright 2000-2014 Linda Woods and Karen Dinino.All Rights Reserved.
I AM ART is a registered trademark. Unless otherwise noted, all photos and text are by Linda Woods or Linda Woods and Karen Dinino and may not be used or reproduced without written permission. ASK FIRST.
This is an ad-free blog. We write honestly and openly about things we like and don't like and unfortunately, nobody ever pays us to do this. We are affiliates at a few online retailers (amazon) and may occasionally link to items we have used and love or hate.